Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas . . .


I have decamped to the Pacific Northwest for the holidays and am enjoying tons and tons of snow. While we in MN are very well equipped to handle this, Seattle and Portland are not. We are doing a lot more walking than driving and enjoying the cities just the same.

I've never been to either city before and am doing my best to enjoy them despite the poor weather conditions. I am a Starbucks addict, so we made a point of heading down to Pike's Place Market in Seattle to visit the flagship store.


And you know I hit some knitting store out here too. I heartily recommend Hilltop Yarn in the Queen Anne are of Seattle, Twisted in Portland and the Dublin Bay Knitting Company, also in Portland. Thank you so much to the gracious staff/owners I met in each. I hope to return one day soon.


Also on the knitting front, I finished and blocked all of my Christmas knits before we left - hooray!!!!! I hope my family and friends love them (or at least humor me and pretend to).


Today, we are in Portland and tomorrow we are heading out of the city a ways to spend Christmas with my husband's family in a town called Dufur. In-laws . . . think happy thoughts for me.

Have a wonderful and joyous holiday season and stay warm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite a pile of Christmas goods! I'm impressed. Good to hear about nice yarn stores in that area because I hope to move there at the beginning of summer.

Sarah said...

I must say, they have a ton of yarn stores and all the ones I was in were great. Smart to wait to move until the beginning of summer - very snowy here right now.

Teresa said...

On a totally unrelated comment:
On my blog you asked re: the chair in my most recent post. Ikea makes a good armchair in this instance. It's about 7 or 8 years old, I believe, and is still kickin. The upholstery/padding is new - only about 2 years old. If you get one, I hope you enjoy it too!